Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 4

We woke up in Denver!!!  It was nice to wake up on our own terms today.  No alarms and not much of a schedule. 

My main goal was to make it to Snooze Eatery for breakfast.  Anthony sent us out while he stayed with the dogs and hung out with his dad, since he went last year with me.  I skipped the pancakes this time and went straight to the heavy stuff.  Mimosa and a large breakfast with bread topped with pulled pork, egg, and pickles.  Sounds weird but it was soooo good.  Ana had a Benedict meal and said it was perfect.  Cruz had the peanut butter cup pancakes and made a mess out of them, from his hat to his legs.  Rylee had the pancake sampler with peanut butter cup, white chocolate macadamia and red velvet.  Ryan took a leap and ordered the fish tacos.  He claimed they were better than Baja's.  I wanted to order them to test it but was too full.  I ended up taking Anthony and Roland (dad) back some pineapple upside down pancakes and fish tacos and ordered a white chocolate for myself for tomorrow.  Yeah, I feel fat :) .

Ryan found 720 skate shop in the same mall as Snooze and begged to go there.  They are based out of Colorado, so when he asked for one of their boards, I couldn't say no.  It is pretty sweet.

I love how healthy Denver is.  Every one's always walking or biking.  It's actually normal to see someone yield to pedestrians.  There is gluten free/health food almost everywhere, which is a huge bonus to me.  I could live here, except there's no family.  I definitely want to make plans to have another vacation, maybe a full week next time.

Grandpa showed up this morning and the kids were wound up.  I think it's been 3 years since they have seen them.  He took them to the pool after breakfast and I squeezed in a nap.  Super bonus! 

It's been super hot here today.  Almost as bad as Virginia heat.  This evening the winds were so strong, it was hard to stand up straight.  I don't know if that is normal or not for here. 

Anthony and Roland took off to get Roland Jr from Colorado Springs tonight.   It was so odd to see all 3 of them together for the first time.  The walk and laugh of the 3 is eerily alike.  They all took off to our second room with beer and chuckling.  I'm just glad they are in the room and not out.  It's triple the trouble :).  I'm off to get a good night sleep before our visit to the Olympic training center and camping with Roland, Jana and the kids.  Look out KOA....here come the Quintero's! Haha!

No comments: